homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:19:36 -0500

Marie McHarry wrote:

Smoking is not a terrific habit, but I'm wondering if the real problem
with cigarettes are the hundreds of additives? I

I have long believed this to be true. I also think the pesticides used on the tobacco play a role.

My other grandfather had no known bad habits, but died of stomach
cancer when he was only 75, after an active life of farming and eating
well. He and his wife lived pretty much as James still does. His
family was prone to cancer (his mother died of breast cancer and all
of his sisters had it but were too mean to die -- and by the time they
got it radiation treatment was available). All but one of his brothers
died of stomach cancer, and that one lived into his 90s and his
daughter is still going strong at 92 but she has to use a staff
because she has the same balance problem that afflicted my mother
(they're, of course, first cousins) and she'll be damned before she
uses a walker (she has the best posture I've ever seen in a human
being outside of the military).

Another issue that is never considered when you hear of families that are 'prone to cancer' is radon.

I'd like to read about the genetic differences that develop between
twins raised apart. I wonder if those changes affect the germ cells?
After all, we still live in a sea of radiation, and now a sea of
chemicals. Of course, somatic changes are going to occur, but germ
cells maybe less so (and they all get used up while they're relatively
young except for persons like Strom Thurmond).

I saw that study on a news magazine show on TV. It was interesting. I'm sure you could Google it up.. what really interests me, however, are the genetic differences in twins raised together, where one identical twin gets a gene switched on and the other does not.

Bev

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13