homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 19:18:02 -0500

Cathy wrote:
Furthermore, I
will be surprised if mandatory testing does not route children into one or
the other track before they reach high school.

That already happens. When my daughter was in the 6th grade they wanted to put on a non-college track based on a borderline standardized test in math. I had several meetings with administrators and finally convinced that that she should be in a more advanced class and on a college track. I feel for those kids that never had a parent go to bat for them...they may have missed all kinds of opportunities, just because they had a bad test day.

“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13