homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:19:28 -0500

I hope you are right that people will become riled enough to demand changes; but I sure don't know what could happen that is much worse than what is now happening......................bobford

They DID demand change. They elected Mr. "Change". When he turns out to be more of the same ol', we'll see. People in general aren't uncomfortable enough yet. When enough people lose their jobs or their homes, something might happen. Too many people still have too much to lose.

I don't see how having my property taxed is as much being part of the economy as having a stock portfolio or 401K or flipping houses for a living...all of those are totally dependent on Wall Street and what those "best and brightest" do (who calls them that? Their PR people?).

Real estate taxes are decided at the most local level; here it's township...my township population is 2,893. Local rural politics is VERY personal. Chances are the person deciding the tax rate lives next to you, or his kids go to school on the same bus as your kids; he isn't likely to raise the tax rate unduly, because his taxes go up too. When 'they' (the school board) raised the school tax too much, 'they' were removed from office and replaced with more reasonable people....at the local level, people DO care and act.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA