homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:10:39 -0500

I disagree. What power will the powerful have when their digital money doesn't mean anything? Like everything being a business, so is government. Once they stop paying the employees, or the employees can't buy food with their worthless paper money, it will grind to a halt. Powerful people playing with their power is such a game. They'll have much bigger things to worry about than little old me selling raw milk illegally or not having a permit to sell nursery plants.

'We' (not just the fringe, but most people) are not represented in government...we've known that for a LONG time, which is why we've opted out of society in a large way. Believe me, the LAST thing I want is for people in power to care about me. I just want them to leave me alone and stop making laws that make it harder for me to live.

I doubt that the 'hordes' will make it this far...I'm more than 250 miles from a large city...they will run out of gas around Scranton. They'd all have heart attacks before they could walk this far. If any are clever enough to make it this far, they'd be smart enough to look ahead; I'd welcome them if they'd pull their weight on the farm.

Look at what has happened now. All of these great minds -- >the best and the brightest-- have destroyed our economy and >our culture. Cost us trillions and trillions. They are the >biggest losers in history; the biggest thieves in history; the >worst human parasites in history.

I don't disagree that they are the worst human parasites in history. But they clearly are NOT the best and the brightest, given the results. They have detroyed a false economy, where 'value' is an electronic blip and can be created or destroyed in an instant. It amuses me to watch the floor of the stock exchange, where so many people pretend that it's real. There is still a real economy in this country, where people create real things and trade them for other real things. "Destroyed our culture"? I think not. Culture doesn't come from those on top of the pile. I think you underestimate people.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>