homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:01:46 -0500

bob ford wrote:
I have no clue what the worst
case scenario will be. But, I will submit what I think is going to happen.

--For the next year or so, on the big issues like war and taxes, BO will govern 'exactly' as did GWB

Yes, I think it will be rather bland in the beginning-he'll soberly walk
that center line...people will even get mad, which will give him a
greater mandate to move more left.

-- Within 2 years (probably sooner) we will see fantastic inflations,
and BO and the Dems will raise taxes on everyhthing and everyone.

I see that within the 2-3 year mark, but I don't think it will be
excessive and people won't care as much because they will how have all
of these work projects up and running and people will start to see the
infrastructure changes. I think as we approach the 3 year mark, people
will think Obama is the best thing since sliced bread, and he will have
done some good things by then, I think(like close Guantanamo)...but we
will still be warring and still the left will push harder as the
election season nears.
I think all of this will lead to his re-election, and that is when you
might see the more radical leftward changes. I think Pelosi has even
made comments saying things like '6 years down the road' or 'second
term'. Obama himself has said 'in my second term'...so he definitely
plans on being there, and since the Dems are in control, they aren't
going to do much to weaken that..I see them staying in center field or
left center field for the first term, and by the time the second term
comes around, people will demand for more change, and they will oblige
with some really radical stuff. This whole thing reminds me of a chess
game..there are lots of forced moves and the funny part is that the
loser never even realizes that the moves are intentionally forced.

--Not only will BO and the dems not rescind any of the p*triot *ct crap, they will strenthen those type of tyrannical laws.

And add more, like the Fairness doctrine...

--We will be in a new war, probably with Iran

I see that as a second term possibility. He has said he will meet with
them and talk to them...he will walk down the same useless path as
others have only to come to the same conclusion, but by then, Iran will
have nuclear weapons at the ready.

-- I truly believe that BO will re-instate the draft

If so, it would be second term and a part of a works program where
objectors could provide humanitarian aid or people could join a program
like the Peace Corp or Americares or something like that.

I watched an old interview with him last night. He's really hung up on
Afghanistan and Pakistan, IMO.(Osama and the Taliban) All I can say is
that he needs to be consulting not with Colin Powell, but with the
former Soviet generals that fought over there. It would not surprise me
for him to authorize the use of tactical nukes in Afghanistan. It might
even be a good thing. We could send a message to Al Qaida that Close
counts in Horseshoes, Handgrenades, and Terrorist Eradication.<g> Now,
*that* would be real change in American policy, wouldn't it? (I'm really
just kidding around-it won't happen) I just happened to start thinking
like that because the other day the Indian Navy sank what they thought
was the mother ship of the pirates. It was one of those "we don't play"
moments where the cop shoots the hostage to take away the bargaining
chip. At least if we did something like that we would actually be
telling the truth when we say "we don't negotiate with terrorists",
instead of talking out of our arse as usual. Maybe we would actually
earn some respect. Probably not.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13