homestead - Re: [Homestead] My Inconvenient Truth

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My Inconvenient Truth
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:04:21 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Do you have any idea what kind of spider bit you. Are BR indigenous
or only BW. ?

Sorry you aren't feeling well, too......................bobford

I don't know. It might not have even been a spider since I did not see
it. I did feel something crawling in the neck/chest area of my hoodie,
and I grabbed at it and then looked, but I never saw anything. However,
it was a few hours later that I noticed the bite. Black widow bites are
very painful and a neurotoxin, so we can rule that out. I see brown
recluse spiders very often, they are definitely around, but what I felt
was more like a bug than a spider. I think BR bites act more like a
flesh eating bacteria, don't they? I have no clue, really, but I know
it is not the first time I've been bitten. I'm kind of wondering if
maybe it is some kind of squash bug or assassin bug. I've heard they
bite, and I have bunches of them in the mulch in the garden. I've been
fighting them for a few years now, and winning, I might add. But just
yesterday to my great surprise I found one in my greenhouse, surviving
even the low temps of a 16 degree morning inside the greenhouse, so they
seem to be everywhere. Maybe they are biting me and I'm having a
reaction to that??? I don't know.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda