homestead - Re: [Homestead] An Inconvenient Truth

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An Inconvenient Truth
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:03:11 -0800 (PST)

You dont go "quietly into your dark night", and I will 'not go gentle into my
good night'. The light will still die, but like you, I plan to 'rage, rage
against'.

Even at my age and health status, if I were not worried about the wife, I
think I'd join up for a year or so with one of those arnarcho-libertarian
groups run by hostile, foolish young people, and see just how much cain I
could still raise.

I watched the congressional comittee meetings for the past two days, and have
been reading and listening to a lot of news. I fear that we will see the
standard of living reduced , significantly, and soon, all over this society.
Not just diminshed consumerism, which would be good; but hunger, sickness,
and violence.

The congress is nothing but swift's confedaracy of dunces. Except for
independent minded people , like on this list, we have poor chance. The
people who caused all of this will run and hide behind brick and iron fences
and gates. I hope todays young people learn how to climb and carry sticks
and and matches.

My greens are hanging in there, presently. This might be the final garden in
this city. I'm starting to make ...............bobford