homestead - Re: [Homestead] An Inconvenient Truth

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An Inconvenient Truth
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:32:16 -0800 (PST)

Answers are withing your message, marked by asterisks

--- On Thu, 11/20/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> bob ford wrote:

> > Even at my age and health status, if I were not
> worried about the wife, I think I'd join up for a year or so with
> one of those arnarcho-libertarian groups run by hostile, foolish
> young people, and see just how much cain I could still raise.
>
> What exactly, do you mean?

***** Click on this link. Some of These are groups run by some of the more
rational of the young protestors at the big global economic summits over the
past few years. They are a bit older, armed, and angry.
http://billstclair.com/blog/ And before you ask. I have no issue with
violence being perpetrated toward someone who has committed vioence, economic
or otherwise, toward me and mine. I am not a moralist.

> The people who caused all of this will run and hide behind
> > brick and iron fences and gates. I hope todays young
> people learn
> > how to climb and carry sticks and and matches.
>
> No, those people will leave the country, or have already,
> or never lived here to begin with.
> Talk about climbing and such, when I read what you wrote, I
> thought of Parkour...which, to me, is amazing.
> If I were younger, say, 10, that is what I would be
> training to do...forget martial arts..learn the art of
> running away..lol.. there is real value in parkour, I think.
>

> > My greens are hanging in there, presently. This might
> be the final
> > garden in this city. I'm starting to make
>
> Tell me again what kind of 'greens' you
> transplanted? It was only last week, wasn't it? The
> only kind of greens I can think of that will grow well at 90
> degree temps would be chard..whatcha growing?

*********That's why I said they were still "hangingin in". I have all kinds
of greens, mustard, turnip, spinch, collard, lettuce. Some from seeds which
haven't yet seen light, some for pl;ants, they are the ones "still hanging in
there". It is 10:31 am and 72 degrees. Right now. When are you going ,
again, to try and bag that deer? ............bobford