homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dairy goat lactation period

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dairy goat lactation period
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:57:35 -0500

Jeanne Driese wrote:
Bob, A friend of mine has three goats. She is VERY independent, but
still likes to go away for a time. What she does is freeze her goats
milk in one gallon plastic bags.

I did this all the time. Like freezing water, it makes your freezer more cost effective, and it saves milk for the times when I want to make cheese. You can also can milk, but for me, it did not taste fresh after canning. It worked fine in recipes, but not to drink, YMMV.

Bev
hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda