homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dairy goat lactation period

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dairy goat lactation period
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:31:30 -0800 (PST)

Okay, you say that a goat will make milk longer after the kid is gone, but
the goat should be milked once a day. What if you had to leave , for say, a
week? Would the fact that she wasn't milked make her sick in any way? what
harm would be caused? I'm not a big milk drinker, though I drink milk. But,
I do love cheese. I don't want to never be able to go camping for a few days
or traveling for a week or two,............bobford