homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading sans spouse

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading sans spouse
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:56:22 -0500

Lynn, you or James or no-one else of the independent spirit type list-members have said anything about how the desire for freedom and free-will, individualism and honor and all of those idealistic things you are accomplishing rubs off on or otherwise affects those arounf you; kin, children, neighbors.

It doesn't. They all just think I'm stubborn and crazy. My ex says that he admires me (but wouldn't want to live like me or with me).

My kids have picked up on the environmental stuff, and being frugal; they appreciate what they have and aren't always screaming for more 'stuff'. I consider it an accomplishment that I didn't raise uber-consumers.

Lynn Wigglesworth