homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dairy goat lactation period

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dairy goat lactation period
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:00:39 -0700

On Nov 17, 2008, at 8:42 AM, Warren wrote:

Okay, you say that a goat will make milk longer after the kid is
gone, but the goat should be milked once a day. What if you had
to leave , for say, a week? Would the fact that she wasn't
milked make her sick in any way? what harm would be caused? I'm
not a big milk drinker, though I drink milk. But, I do love
cheese. I don't want to never be able to go camping for a few
days or traveling for a week or two,............bobford

I have the same questions.

Warren

Find someone near you who will sell you milk as you want it. The work of animal husbandry is simply too great to justify minimal usage of milk or meat.

Think beyond independence to community.