homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:57:41 -0400

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
Simply the fact that YOU brought it up, with the distinct implication, if not actual
statement, that it was bad, thus criticizing Palin for her choices, and with no mention
of the other side, Obama, who is doing essentially the same thing.?? Double standard.??
Now, if I am incorrect, and you do think critically of Obama's choice to drag his
children form "pillar to post", as YOU put it, well, then, I stand corrected.

Since I didn't mention anyone else, no clue why you thought I was speaking of anyone else. It was a simple observation/opinion, no point in making it into something it wasn't.
And I fear that you are wrong, regarding the changes can happen.??
Well, of course all sorts of things could happen. Do I look that dumb? Whaddya mean ya can't see through the monitor? I wasn't referring to the changes that *could* happen, but to those that seem to me to be likely. I could be, of course, dead wrong. It doesn't seem to me that the people in this country yet have the guts, much less the ability or the will, to nominate and elect persons who would effect much change. Look what happened with the so-called 'bailout' bill.....unless a majority of those wingdings are replaced, we're faced with the same ol'........So far I don't see many of those running who would seem willing to effect any decent change (worse yet, many don't even seem cognizant of the need), and if they aren't running, they'll not be elected. Therefore I am not looking for many real changes to happen as a result of this particular election. I sadly fear that such change as we do see will not necessarily be what we might desire, as a country with standards to uphold....and no matter who wins, either at the top of the ticket or other otherwise, it looks to me like standards stand to be on the losing side, so murkiness abounds. I've already voted so I'll just hang out here and watch. Perhaps I'll be surprised.
If Obama wins, and the Dems are successful in getting a filibuster-proof
majority, I fear what we were seeing a week or two ago will be just a minor
taste of what will come very rapidly.
You talking about the 'bailout' mess? I didn't look to see how any other state's people voted (depressing enough to deal with my own), in Maine the Democrats (2) voted one for and one against, the Republicans (2) both for. There were no surprises there; they all voted exactly as I would have expected. It seems that as history marches relentlessly on, the lines are more often blurry....Party, shmarty, farty. We need more parties; these two have issues, in my mind. Achieving that has proven quite difficult here in Maine, despite the efforts of many, including self. At the national level?? There's a job for all of us.
Susan Jane, in Maine