homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:11:04 -0800

<g> Well, I suppose it was seen as different because she wasn't doing a canned hunt and she didn't shoot lawyers <<eg>>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "SJC" <indexer AT localnet.com>

But not much of an accomplishment when you are Alaskan unless right in
the 'city', such as city is up there. Before my house burned and took
the pictures with it there were lots of pictures of me with moose, elk,
caribou, bear, seals, Dall; I've bloodied my hands with plenty. It
wasn't much of an accomplishment for me, either: if you live in the far
north, that's what you do. If you don't want that lifestyle, you leave.

Taking any particular notice of it is like taking notice that a Wall
Street woman (or man, for that matter) keeps up with fashion. That's
what they do.

Alaskans hunt and eat meat. Nothing new or unique about that.

Susan Jane, in Maine