homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:49:55 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

I'd like it if I were convinced it were true, but as I've seen more
of her, I'm not so sure that she's more than a Wasilla PTA mom with ambition. I mean, do we know that she ever shot or field dressed a moose? She and Todd have a far higher net worth than the average person (hey! they have a positive net worth), something around or somewhat above a million dollars, IIRC. She didn't get there with subsistence living.

No no, I saw a bio on her...
Her father moved them to Alaska to fish and hunt, literally. He was a huge outdoorsman. There is homevideo of all of the girls, including Sara, shooting and hunting. The moose thing was before she was married, at least the first one was. She seriously is a homesteader type, not afraid of the wilderness or of getting her hands dirty. Regardless of what you think about her beliefs or politics, everyone here would admire what I saw on TV.

Blue collar? Her parents are teachers, which the last I checked, is not blue collar.

Teachers are considered blue collar here. Her father also told all of his kids that they would be responsible for their own college education. That is kind of ironic considering that there *were* teachers.

Have you got any specific sources for that?

I made a huge long post on her education a month or so ago. With the exception of the beauty pageant scholarship, she did it all on her own.

What if she ends up president in a month or two?

I think too much has been made of McCain's cancer. He has one of the most common and treatable types, and it is in remission. Even if it comes back, he is likely to be cured again. And yes, I do mean cured...
http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/health/May-June-08/Scientists-Find-Melanoma-Cure.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/20/2280659.htm

I saw what's his name, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, talk about both McCain and Obama's health records. The Doc was one of a handful of docs that had full access to McCains medical records. Obama has not released his medical records, just a statement from his personal physician saying he has been treated for colds and minor injuries and such. Gupta says, basically, he is running on a doctor's note. They talked about his smoking, his eating unhealthy foods, his weight loss, etc. Obama may be running under the Kennedy fallacy...recall that everyone thought Kennedy was healthy because he was young, but he had all kinds of serious problems.

Have you seen McCain's mother? The woman looks younger than him!
As to his age and health, there have been plenty of leaders older and in less health than him. Think about Nelson Mandela...

I think most men see her as hot, and then call it something else.

There we go agreeing again!

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda