homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:48:16 -0700 (PDT)

My brother's child is highly functional, giving the syndrome. She has won
statewide at the special olympics (about the only good thing I can think of
that a Kennedy had something to do with).

She can do her abc's, read, and do math somewhat--certainly at a much lower
level than should be, for her age.

But, I've read recently, that if she was in the D.C. school system, she
might be considered normal. I don't remeber the source, but it said that the
average high school senior reads at a sixth grade level, and has little
understanding of mathematics,; So, they need more money.......

My niece did have a number of surgeries, for heart, and hearing. She is very
strong, built like a tree-trunk. Can easily hurt something without
intention. As with most down's children she is naturally passive, but does
have a temper. ....bobford