homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:53:51 -0400

bob ford wrote:

James , a while back, said something that I liked. he said thaat she
is the only one, in the bunch, who has had to get her hands dirty,
just to feed her family and make a living. I like that about her.

I like that, too.

And, the fact that she is basically from a blue-collar background,
doesn't show that she isn't intelligent. It just shows that she was
born of modeat means and worked hard to make somwething of herself.
I think she is to be admired. Bill Clinton said that she should not
be "underestimated"

You know, before she was nominated, before Obama had the nomination even, everywhere you looked people wanted change, reform...they wanted fresh faces, fresh ideas, new ways of doing business. I think it is interesting that Palin is all that. Obama is most of that..lol...his ideas aren't new, and he won't be much of a reformer-I don't think. But anyway, America bitches and moans and wishes upon wishes, and in walks Palin with her glasses and her rifle like Buford Pusser with his bat. Did we really want change, or only a safe kind of change?

If she were actually running for president, I'd be more hesitant.
But she is smart enough to learn enough during her tenure as vice
president. Do you think the intellectual curiosity of LBJ went
beyond Zane Grey?

This whole Palin thing reminds me of a time past, when SNL hired a child to play Dan Quayle. Poor Dan, he was a bright guy, but much maligned by the media. And there was Gerald Ford, the President who wasn't elected...he was very much maligned...Ford made Chevy Chase super famous...all that klutziness. And so now we have Fey and Palin and maybe we are are seeing the joke more than the reality. The difference is, Dan and Gerald were both MEN who had been around the block a few times and hung out in the steam room with the Washington insiders. Palin's not only playing in her own neighborhood, she can't even get in the gym, let alone the steam room.

It is funny that most men seem to see her as an intelligent, poised,
ambitious, public servant; and some women see her entirely
differently ....bobford

LOL, well, I kind of disagree. I think men see her as a sex object, and they just SAY she is all of those things...Women see her and think, I could do that, I could be her, and they tear her down. Women are vicious that way.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda