homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:21:38 -0400

SJC wrote:
Lumping folks into groups usually gets us nowhere, in my
experience---simply delineates division lines, which isn't usually
very useful for learning to get along with each other. Like minds
are easy, comforting, but unlike ideas spark new thinking,
alternative ways.....there is much value in both, IMHO.

Susan, in my post, the one where I named you, my point was the one you
just made-that unlike ideas spark new thinking and I said, hopefully,
tolerance.
The only reason I 'lumped folks into groups' was to make a point to Rob
that the list was not totally Anti-Obama, that it was close to even on
the Pro/Anti O front. His post was about it being tough to read/having
to delete all the anti-Obama posts.

Bev
hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda