homestead - Re: [Homestead] Inflation --commentary

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Inflation --commentary
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:38:11 -0700 (PDT)

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

> Supposedly it should have ended by now. And yet....
>
>> When TSHTF [the s*** hits the fan]
>>> remember that it is Congress who is your enemy, not your neighbour.
>
> Can we just say 'the government' in general?  To my thinking, not many in
> positions of power have done something positive for those of us without
> recently.

Thus is the crux of the matter.  This is the same thing as what is happening
on TV right at this minute...It is not us at fault, it is them!...not the
President, but Congress, not the Senate, but the House, not the President,
but Government, not the Republicans, but the Democrats, etc. etc.  I'm sick
of the whole damn thing.  I was cutting onions for drying a few minutes ago
while listening to Pelosi(and now Frank) and I swear I wanted to vomit.
To my ears, she said, it was his plan(Bush) and we(Dem) did not like it, so
we modified it, and now they(GOP) refuse to play and vote for it, blaming
us(Dem).  We(Dem) did not really like the plan, but we voted for it because
we had been asked to work on it by the Pres...but of course, they(GOP) aren't
on board.  Republicans say they want protection for the people, that the
Paulson plan was flawed, and that Dems/Pelosi should share the blame....yada
yada yada...it is all finger pointing!
Obama says it failed because McCain meddled and intervened.
McCain makes fun of Obama for 'phoning in' orders.
<sigh>
When push comes to shove, 40% of Democrats voted no, along with the majority
of Republicans...
When I hear Congress, I think Democrats..
When I hear Government, I think President...
It is finger pointing...
 don't think I am alone in seeing that..
I am just sickened by the whole lot of them, and make no mistake, Senator
Obama is no better or worse than any other politician.  He is in this up to
his neck, regardless of how he spins it.
Politics as usual.
Watch the media for some kind of sob story, distractions...like whales in
distress or kids in wells or something.
I recall hearing several years ago that the stock market really should be
hovering around 1200 and not in the tens of thousands....will we go there?
Will it be now or 6 months from now?