homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Canning Ckn/fish fryer frying

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Canning Ckn/fish fryer frying
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:42:31 -0700 (PDT)

My cast iron fish frying pan (it has "fish fryer" stamped on bottom)is 21"
long 10" wide and 6 "tall (measurements are lid-on from handle to handle).
It's very old.

I've never used it for frying fish, myself. I us it as a dutch oven for very
large roast type meals.

It probably weighs 40 lbs empty, 'would make a good fish or chicken fryer for
a big group of people. When I (rarely) fry fish, I use a 13",( 3" deep)
skillet. The big pan is just too much effort to use for two people, except
when you are roasting a very large meal. ..... bobford