homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:51:35 -0400

> Can you say you didn't hear all the media references to
> Huckabee and his support from the religious right???

I absolutely did. However, I did not see a Baptist minister over and
over again shouting that you are going to spend eternity in hell if
you have not accepted Jesus as your personal savior. I did not see one
saying that Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddists, etc. are going to burn
in hellfire for eternity unless they have accepted Jesus in exactly
the way that his denomination dictates. I don't think that anyone can
deny that this is central to the Baptist doctrine of which Huckabee
was a minister. We probably never will see that either.

Rob - Va