homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:06:15 EDT

In a message dated 3/21/2008 2:42:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
waltonrp AT gmail.com writes:

There are many, many people that sit in pews every Sunday and listen
to whoever stands in front of them rage on about things that would
make many on this list cringe. They don't stand up and condemn their
preacher.
Then they are in the wrong church and need to leave. I have never had a
preacher in any church I have
attended talk politics from the pulpit, certainly not sell DVD's and CD's,
let alone spew racial diatribes. I am sure it does happen sometimes, but it
should not. Any church playing politics deserves to lose it's tax free
status.

This is a "convenient" issue in the Obama campaign. Conservatives that
don't like his politics can jump on and attack him. Racists and closet
racists who cannot openly belittle him because of his race, can jump
on and use this as an excuse.
Funny thing is that this is being fueled from the Democratic opponents to
Obama,
not the conservatives. Obama has the nomination in the bag at this point and
unless
Clinton can create enough fire around Obama to cause his super delegates to
jump
to her, she will lose. Can anyone explain the whole Super delagates thing to
me???
It just seems to invite bribes, payoffs etc when you hand this to
individuals and what does
one do to be a super delegate?? I am just curious.

Home.