homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:02:49 EDT

I really don't care about impressing the rest of the world. We are electing
the President of the United States. We need the best person for the job
at hand, able to handle our economic issues, etc. Sure it would be nice
if other countries were happy with our choice, but frankly, other countries
will be happy with a choice that is good for them rather a choice that is
good for the US. Mexico loved whoever supported nafta and now is
supporting the candidates who are not likely to close the borders to illegal
immigration. Does that mean we should elect someone weak on border
issues to please Mexico?? Does anyone recall the support of Al-Quieda
for the Democrats in the 06 elections???

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/015860.php

We don't need to look at what the
rest of the world wants, be it the Iranians or the Irish before we consider
our
own needs for our nation.

Drew

In a message dated 3/21/2008 1:22:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,