homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:26:48 -0800

Arg, this is what drives me crazy in discussions. First, this is highly offensive. Maybe *you* don't blink or the people *you* know don't blink but that doesn't mean "no one" doesn't blink! And, so what! That doesn't make what he does acceptable. That doesn't excuse his behavior.

Like my mother used to say, "just because [fill in name of one of my friends] jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge doesn't mean you should."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

And yet, no one blinks when religious leaders affiliated with
Republicans spew hate about gays and lesbians. This too is an example
of the same thing.