homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:42:10 -0400

> And yet, no one blinks when religious leaders affiliated with
> Republicans spew hate about gays and lesbians. This too is an example
> of the same thing.

If they separated them out as white gays and lesbians, they might.
I've heard preachers rail against the government in many churches for
allowing abortion, not condemning people for various "sins", not
supporting Israel, on and on and on.

There are many, many people that sit in pews every Sunday and listen
to whoever stands in front of them rage on about things that would
make many on this list cringe. They don't stand up and condemn their
preacher.

This is a "convenient" issue in the Obama campaign. Conservatives that
don't like his politics can jump on and attack him. Racists and closet
racists who cannot openly belittle him because of his race, can jump
on and use this as an excuse.

I sure respect the handful of opponents that attack Obama on his
political leanings. I'd have more respect for the racists if they'd
just come out and say they can't see the white half of the man.

Rob - Va