homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:23:05 -0500

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:
> I really don't care about impressing the rest of the world. We are
electing
> the President of the United States. We need the best person for the job
> at hand, able to handle our economic issues, etc. Sure it would be nice
> if other countries were happy with our choice,
Actually, what the world thinks of the US and its president matters more
than it ever has. It's my opinion that going into Iraq was a mistake but it
was made infinitely worse when we went into it without the backing of the
rest of the world. We are rapidly spending our way into becoming a paper
tiger. The reason the Cold War ended was that the USSR couldn't afford to
keep funding it. That's also the reason that the USSR had earlier pulled out
of Afghanistan.

Also, we are dependent on the rest of the world for manufactured goods
necessary for our national defense. We don't even manufacture the electronic
components needed for our guided missiles. And what happens to us if China
quits bailing us out financially? You don't think the US had the money
sitting around to loan to JP Morgan so they could buy out Bear Stearns, do
you? Nope, they had to borrow the money. We're getting close to the point
where no one is going to want to loan us more.

I now have every expectation that the current administration is going to
start a war with Iran because that will -- they think -- ensure that McCain
will be elected. And that, my friends (as McCain would say), aint' going to
be pretty.

Marie