homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:23:33 EDT

In a message dated 3/21/2008 1:58:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
waltonrp AT gmail.com writes:

That many people that have no interest in religion are suddenly
interested in the man's preacher's politics rather than the man's
politics. The same people have no interested in the other candidates
religion or lack thereof.

That is exactly the point, no-one drew this connection other than Obama
himself. He identified this man as his mentor, titled his own autobiography
after
one of Rev Wrights speech titles, named Wright godfather of his children etc
etc etc. When a candidate styles themselves after another man to this level
certainly we should be looking at the mentor too. I also seem to remember all

the talk was about our Mormon candidate not long ago, and what that would
mean for the country. Can you say you didn't hear all the media references
Huckabee and his support from the religious right???

For the most part the 60s generation utterly failed to follow though
on the movement. They became yuppies. Now they are aging conservative
yuppies grasping for excuses to not take racial divisions to the next
level of a solution.

This is kind of funny to me, I have always associated the Dems with the
ageing hippy crowd,
after watching Clinton talk up their 60's ideals, and anti vietnam history.
After watching the
James Taylors and others from that era playing at the Dem fundraisers etc. I
am not saying
I am right about this, perhaps their are some of the old hi;;ies in the Rep
crowd, just never
noticed a connection before.

Drew

Home.