homestead - Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community? Was: The Truth About Organic Gardening

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community? Was: The Truth About Organic Gardening
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:54:56 -0700

On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:14 PM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

A very long time ago, I'm afraid. I poked around your site the other
day but all I found was the Ebook. Link me up and I'll buy a hard
copy asap. : )

I don't recall an e-book.

Amazon.com has six used copies of the third edition starting at $29.95. Suggest you first check with local libraries.
The one on E-Bay for $19.95 is the first edition, basic info the same but way out of date.
Rodale shows it for $16 but directs to Amazon, so that won't work. Warner Books let it go out of print.
Biblio.com is still showing the first edition.
Powell Books offers it from time to time.

I feel the need to get something out there but am disinclined to go back into the publishing business. I am currently going through the last edition. Thinking about three versions of a free, online book: coffee table edition with everything the second edition had; one with all the words but not the maps; and a synopsized version titled in my mind as The Very Busy Person Edition. This is a time-consuming project and I make no promises or predictions on how long it will take.

Are you going to tell me I need to be be smacked upside the head with
a clue stick?

Nah, I am more inclined to a kiss on your forehead. Geez, I'm getting seriously decrepit. How big and jealous is your husband?

It is beginning to feel like my life work to urge people to take seriously where they put themselves. Happy to know you and yours are taking time.