homestead - Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:26:55 -0700

On Feb 29, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Jeanne Driese wrote:

Asheville is a great place to visit.

But if you want land, take dollars. I did a little real estate search, put in $200,000 as max price. Found ten acres of woods fronting on a pretty stream. Almost every listing I found was a subdivided lot of . 45 acre up to an acre. This is not homestead territory unless you get far from town.