homestead - Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community? Was: The Truth About Organic Gardening

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community? Was: The Truth About Organic Gardening
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:45:20 -0500

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

So here's what I want...the cultural equivalent to Brattleboro, Vt,
or Ithaca, NY, in NC, Tenn, Kentucky or WV. IF it's not green
and rolling I will dry up and die.

The cultural equivalent in NC is Asheville.

Despite my address, my nearest city is Rome, GA.

It got it's name because it's surrounded by seven rolling hills-we are still Appalachian here...very green, Moon. Love to have you as a neighbor. It's a horsey area, and quite a number of folks train dogs, too.
Two and a half colleges, one with the largest campus in the world (Berry
College) and both sponsor a multitude of cultural events. There's the Rome Symphony and the Rome Little Theatre. From the CoC website:
Situated amid seven hills at the convergence of three rivers, Greater
Rome is a place like no other. From a downtown that mixes Southern
charm with metropolitan culture to open lush acreage with trees and
water, this "Enchanted Land" affords a quality of life and a business
environment that beckon those who value both tradition and progress.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky