homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:28:57 -0500

> HOWEVER, being prideful that they are the first whatever running doesn't
> make them a good candidate. And making a run for the presidency basing a
> whole lot of it on what color your skin is and what half your ancestry is
> and using it to get elected doesn't work for me.

I've always not responded to the political threads on this list. I'm
breaking my rule and will probably pay for it.

Lynda, why do you keep bringing up race with Obama? His race seems to
be more of an issue for you than him. I keep hearing "race card", etc
when you post on Obama.

One reason I like the guy is he is the first black man running for
president in my lifetime that hasn't based most of his candidacy on
race. I watch him closely and I've not seen him "pulling the race
card". In fact, I've heard him say he could be "purple, polka dotted
or whatever" and you either like his politics or you don't.

Lynda, find another reason to not like Obama. I'm sure there is one out there.

Rob -Va