homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:25:44 -0500

I have the odd circumstance in that my birthday, and the anniversary of Martin Luther King's asissnation are on the same day. Those of you who remember my religious tendencies
will be astonished to discover that on the night Obama carried Iowa I hit my knees and begged ******** to keep them safe. I don't think I've ever prayed for someone I didn't know before
in such an intensely personal way.

I am old enough that it gladden and astonishes me that there is both a woman AND an African American running for President of this country. I am not anywhere near
as closely associated with the GOBAMA campaign as some people, but you know what? I am thrilled beyond measure that for the first time EVER my country is obstensibly presenting a more fair
and more level playing field. So, yeah, on this issue, I agree with Michelle Obama. For the first time, I am really proud of my country (insofar as the character of this election).

That's what I am taking from her words. You can choose to pick it apart and say "it's all about race" as if that's a negative thing. It IS about race. We're finally getting it right. I still choose to take the positive view.

Was George Bush being proud of our country when he said the "Constitution is just a damned piece of paper"? Cause I'll take Mrs Obama's badly worded but completely understandable pride over THAT kind of pride any day,
if you want to play the game of parsing people's words out of context.

Colin Powell got shafted, and the whole world knows it. He got played by the Bushies. You lie down with dogs and you get up with fleas.

Moon