homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:27:43 -0800

Ah gee, you sound just like Obama's campaign team. I guess I'm a racist too
because I didn't cry over Katrina. Excuse me while I roll my eyes.

Everybody is a racist if they don't like Obama. Hells bells, I was one of
the first people who thought he should be running for president. Then I did
more homework and retracted what I'd said before. I made a BIG mistake by
rushing to judgement and being struck by that speech he made at the Dem
convention. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

His record sucks! He lies! AND, his campaign has made race an issue.

He's on the committe that oversees Homeland Security (Ya know, the folks in
charge of FEMA.) AND the subcommitte on federal financial management. Oh,
and the subcommitte on State, Local and Private Sector Preparedness. Yet
he never made a trip to NOLA until it was presidential campaign time. And his campaign national chair called Hillary a racist for not crying about Katrina.

He's one report with the list of race-baiting incidents that are directly from the Obama campaign. There are more. http://storieswetellourselves.blogspot.com/2008/02/obama-plays-race-card.html

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

In Virginia, he sure didn't do much of anything in particular to court
the black vote and there is a lot of it. Face it, though, anyone
running for office needs to court all the vote. I just don't see Obama
"using" his race. What are your sources for them saying that they are
saying other candidates are "courting" the black vote.

I was glad that last night he rejected the support of Louis Farrakhan.
The crazy rumors will probably be Obama's biggest problem. Last night,
my stepfather siad he could never vote for him because he had been
sworn in to the senate using the Koran. I'd already had the discussion
with my mom that her pastor was wrong about Obama being muslim, many
segments of our society will probably take that route to cover their
racism. At least you are being right out there with it and I respect
that.