homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:49:48 -0800

Well, color me silly but I don't give a dead rat's patooty if he's green, purple, orange or HALF-black! I don't care if Hillary is a woman. It's just peachy that they are those things and are running for office.

HOWEVER, being prideful that they are the first whatever running doesn't make them a good candidate. And making a run for the presidency basing a whole lot of it on what color your skin is and what half your ancestry is and using it to get elected doesn't work for me.

I want someone who can do the job, not just play the race card!

I don't want someone who makes a pretty speech but doesn't have an original thought.

I don't want someone who might only be able to parrot what their husband did.

I don't want someone who only talks about keeping us in a war for another hundred years.

I wanted someone who IS original thinking and someone who WILL change the way politics are run.

I don't see that in the current three.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

I have the odd circumstance in that my birthday, and the anniversary
of Martin Luther King's asissnation are on the same day. Those of you
who remember my religious tendencies
will be astonished to discover that on the night Obama carried Iowa I
hit my knees and begged ******** to keep them safe. I don't think I've
ever prayed for someone I didn't know before
in such an intensely personal way.