homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mexican food was: Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mexican food was: Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:07:22 -0700

At 4/15/2007, you wrote:
Carne asada burritos still come with
lots of onions, and they even used to tuck in a little serrano surprise.

Jillibertos, one near the Big 5 in Escondido and the other in Pala Valley. After their Carne Asada all others are just a pale imitation. Three rolled Tacos with Guacamole and cheese and a Carne Asada Taco with a large Pepsi is around $4 wit all the fresh salsa and pickled carrots one could want. One of the places I always have to stop and with good fortune one is on the road I take to get to my storage.

Then there is a place in San Marcos. All the sign says is Mexican Seafood. They make the best fish tacos. A plate of two with chips and salsa and a drink is less than $5. I go there every chance I get but it has been a while. I guess I need an excuse to make a trip to Frys.

Then in Escondido there are two really good sit down places, Estrada's and El Galleon. Estrada's is Tex Mex, very different that the usual Baja Style we get but one of my favorites. El Galleon is a seafood place with Mazatlan style. Everything I have had there is good.

Then there is that Vietnamese place in Kearny Mesa that serves a good Curry Chicken on Mondays and Wednesdays but you have to be there before noon because they run out. I was taken to that place by a co worker who was one of the first boat people allowed into the US.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.