homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mexican food was: Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mexican food was: Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:34:04 -0800

Growing up in the Bay Area really spoiled me because we could eat in a different country just about every night and not hit the same place twice. First we had a neighbor from Mexico whose parents owned restaurants and then living in Mexico. Yup, decidedly spoiled <g>

I am slowly working up to getting DH to eat a good hot foods. So far, I've gotten him to the hot and sour soup and the hot curry soups. Next, hot curried chicken <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

One problem with living near San Diego is that I have access to many really
good Mexican food places. I can think of several but my favorites tend to
be the Taco shops. Just a few miles north the number of good places drops,
I can only think of two in Temecula and no decent taco shops.

LA on the other hand has too many good places, and Cuban, Guatemalan, Thai,
Armenian, and so forth. My son lived in Thailand for several years so is a
great guide. I guess I need a good hot Curry Chicken.