homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:28:21 -0700

On Apr 13, 2007, at 6:22 AM, VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

Thanx for that information. It makes a lot more
sense.
Thinking about Chiles Rellenos. I can only recall one
restaurant that actually filled the chile. Gene, do
you remember Bill Johnson's El Diablo?
All the others that I've encountered just batter the
outside of the chile.

Never heard of that Bill. I salivate for chiles relleno. I try them in each new Mexican restaurant visited. Some are good; some are awful. My Chris does them as well as any Mexican cook I have found thus far. In fact she does them so well that I let her be the cook for that meal. Fresh homegrown peppers and eggs are but one reason hers are so good.