homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:40:06 -0500

On 4/13/07, eureka AT hctc.net <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:
In restaurants here they are always filled with cheese or
beef, sometimes battered and fried and sometimes just
smothered in queso. To me, the shape and color of the
pepper they use looks like a Poblano (very triangular),
which I know is also called Ancho when dried

That's the right pepper to use.

Marie, who has religious feelings about this particular dish :)