homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:02:21 -0600

Only when that notion is dislodged is there any hope of improving the lot of the dependent. It isn't, as you will hear suggested, blaming the downtrodden for their lot. It's more like pointing out that to relieve the terrible pain in one's toe one should first stop hitting one's toe with a hammer.

It is foreign to we homesteaders but I suspect many mired in helpless dependency don't know that there are boxes of different tools from which to choose to make a life. They think there are only hammers.