homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:14:05 -0800

Ah, James or Denise, you're talking p.s. folks. They are trained to raise their hands to ask to go to the bathroom, for crying out loud. Our government bares the responsibility for creating the problem!

P.S. sheoplizing works real well. Few come out of those 12 or so years unscathed and able to actually think for themselves. Particularly those in the low-rent schools!

So, yes there are other options but the other half of that question you wanted answered means dismantling the p.s. system and that's not going to happen because I know you've heard it as many times as I have "I survived it" blah, blah, blah.

The math books teach consumerism. The social studies books teach lies and that somehow the world owes you something. Kindergarten teachers use M & Ms and other candy to teach counting, for crying out loud. "Here, Johnny, if you can tell me how many M & Ms are in this pile, you get to eat them."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

The workshops you refer to are indeed dismal. But I have to ask if an
impoverished person (or any person) is owed the opportunity for professional
training? I know you are not addressing the question from that angle. Rather if
that person earned the income that good voc training would give them, the expense
would be returned to society in having someone off the dole and into the
skilled workforce.

That seems to only be addressing half question. We don't need, can't use,
half a million radiology technicians and paralegals and such. And we DO need
people to man convenience stores and clean rooms. But in the end all we are
doing is trying to make the poor person a good consumerist. That, says I, is
what the problem is to begin with.