homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: "Tracy J" <tracy9j AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:05:18 -0600

Exactly what I feeling about the whole subject. I just have such a hard time getting my thoughts into writing. Thank you, Gene.

Tracy Julian
in East North-Central Minnesota

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Most of this post is sound, but it is incomplete. The decisions one
makes most certainly cause results and further decisions needing to
be made, further results, ad infinitum. But to understand a person we
must go back to first decisions. Earliest decisions were made based
on existing conditions and knowledge and desire. A decision made
based on affluent conditions with strong, positive parental guidance
and with a strong base of sound values will be a different decision
than one based on squalid conditions, stupid parents and a value
system based on easiest survival. Hence the need to "break the cycle"
of living on welfare. If no other conditions are known to the
decision maker, then decisions will be predictably bad.