homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just stiff (seriously OT, but I need to vent)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just stiff (seriously OT, but I need to vent)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:39:55 -0800

Superior Court is the usual but there should be a court clerk who can direct you to the right people.

In the office I worked in we would accept a letter that we would forward but wouldn't give out the address. You might try that.

Time periods vary by state, so I couldn't tell you that. I do know that usually wills are read within 30 days and then they have something like 90 days to probate it (file it and publish the notice).

I went to the county website and was sadly disappointed in their
directory and information about county services like vital statistics.
For a major city, it was pathetic.

Who do I call for this?? which court?

Perhaps he will at least put me in touch with Tammy.

Thanks for the advice. I've been watching the online papers for public
legal notices and obituaries, but a call would probably be more
efficient. Is there a time period after one's death for a will to be
opened and read, like within 30 days or something?

Bev