homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just stiff (seriously OT, but I need to vent)

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just stiff (seriously OT, but I need to vent)
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:03:37 -0800

At 11/16/2006 12:06 PM,EarthNSky wrote:

When I found out my father died, I didn't find out much
other than he donated his body to science. I really wanted a copy of
the obituary, that's all I wanted. The first thing I did was search
online for the obit. I keep checking various newspapers, but I still
haven't found one. For someone of his former prominence, you would
think there would be one. I had to call the police department to find
out most of what I know about his death, but even they couldn't give me
the name of a funeral home.

My condolences Bev & I'm sorry you are having such a hassle trying to find a simple thing like an obituary.

You could actually go to the area he lived and look at the papers from around that time. There might be something there that didn't make it on line.
As to the "we can't tell you" stuff do you have any legal papers proving your relationship? With proof in hand that you are family you might learn some more.

A separate question. When a relative dies and leaves a will is there any legal means to see the will? Are they filed somewhere? A copy to a court?

Hang in there Bev, life is full of crap but in time the memories of these things pass.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA