homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just stiff (seriously OT, but I need to vent)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just stiff (seriously OT, but I need to vent)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:57:36 -0500

sjc wrote:
At 08:03 PM 11/16/2006, you wrote:

I had a similar situation (14 parents and step-parents total plus seemingly untold numbers of full, half-, and step-siblings), and like Bev, left it behind. I had 3 kids of my own and was often the butt of such accusations. But the kids never had even one (and that is never, ever) card, letter, or phone call from any relatives, including their grandparents, so when my family complained, my stock reply was something to the order of "I'm sure he'd enjoy a card on his birthday; do you need the address?" and I let it go at that. As to the kids themselves I hardly ever mentioned family, so it wasn't high on their minds. They were busy being kids.

Susan Jane, you DO know, don't you. That was my situation, too.

The 'new' grandmother McKay caught on right away and fortunately, she thought it was hilarious. My dad, otoh, never spoke to me again. Oh well, nothing new there.

I'm truly sorry.

So even these unbelievably wacky family situations have their funny moments. That's the one all my kids remember and the one I choose to remember, too.

I do have a few good memories, too....lately, they are coming to the surface. I think I repressed them for a long time, but they are there.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky