homestead - [Homestead] Home Grown Tomatoes

  • From: WILLIAM <billymegab AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Home Grown Tomatoes
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:46:38 -0700 (PDT)

It's definitely the freshness and taste that attracts people to farmers
markets. And it's the same reason people grow things in their garden.
Nothing beats a tomato that's ripened on the vine in your back yard and
picked at it's prime. Nobody can match that although Farmer's markets come
very very close!

Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think that the people who frequent the local farmer's market
are suddenly going to rush to Wal-Mart. After all, a locally grown
tomato tastes like a tomato, and a Wal-Mart tomato is not going to
have that flavor, regardless of how it was grown.

When I have eggs for sale, I have no trouble selling them -- in fact,
I could sell twice as many as I have because people actually realize
the difference.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/billymegab%40yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com