homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeans from WalMart

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeans from WalMart
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:57:58 -0400

On 6/7/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

I just bought two pair of Rustler brand jeans at WalMart on a
friend's recommendation. They are of heavier material than Levi's,
almost too heavy. Friend has his wife wash his several times before
first wearing them. They appear to be very strongly made. Delighted
they don't have those stupid rivets on pocket corners. Friend says
they outlast everything else. They cost just under ten dollars.

When you don't need brand new, we shop at Goodwill and spend $3 for a pair
of jeans. The price used to be less, but GW scores have gone more "upscale"
in later years. It takes some looking and you don't always find what you
need, but overall we luck out and get 80% of our clothes from the GW. We
don't get out to enough yard sales, but some people have luck at those.

Lisa