homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: "JUDITH MCDONALD" <jammin03 AT msn.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:10:24 -0700

True! So true! I have been an organic gardener for 35 yrs. I have always kept chickens as an integral part of the cycle. No can do fowl insect eaters and pass USDA standards now! And on top of that, NSAID ????? I'm certainly not going to microchip chickens! Nor my horses. I would never be able to ride off the property where they live. The whole food thing has gotten out of hand.

Grow your own or buy from local farmer. Less cost, less energy consumed, less pesticides & other unhealthy chemicals. More money to growers, less to marketers and transportation. We can all live better. (WalMart, , , , , , , , ,organic?? that's scarey. I haven't been there to see that! I suppose next they'll say their products are made in the USA.)

"The birth of that marvelous wish in your soul-the dawning of that secret dream-was the Voice of God himself telling you to arise and come up higher because he had need of you." Emmet Fox