homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 16:21:31 -0700

One of the problems with buying from WallyWorld is that you are buying seconds or over/unders. You are also buying last seasons whatevers. WallyWorld buys by warehouse lots and takes whatever they supply. Because they buy overs/unders you are never guaranteed the items in their sales catelogs and frequently they won't give rainchecks.

I'll pay a couple of dollars more for quality and have it last.

BTW, not gossip, my sister worked for corporate and quite because of what she learned during the bigwig meetings!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "JUDITH MCDONALD" <jammin03 AT msn.com>

I must confess that I have been in Wal-Mart's garden dept this year! But
only b/c my daughter dragged me there on a different mission.

No, other than some food and plant items there is very little at WalMart
that is actually made in the states. Do a check on "offshore production".
That clothing may say "Made in USA" but is actually made in a sweatshop in a
free port on foreign soil. Oh no! They're not sweatshops anymore, so they
say--LOL. At any rate, most of us could do without a great portion of what
we consume. Advertising, i.e. brainwashing, is big business.