homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:18:02 -0500

All that said IMO when WalMart and Monsanto decide what can have the
"organic" label it won't be organic anymore.

We need a people's revolution. Perhaps misusing the organic label will become the trigger.

I am optimistic that truth will out. The Internet makes it easy for all of us to report what we learn. Big companies, including WalMart, are becoming ever more sensitive to public image. Do a search and you may be impressed with all that WalMart is doing to improve its image and, believe it or don't, improve the world.

WalMart's strong entry into organic will raise public awareness. Homesteaders who choose to produce organic products will always have an edge in their local communities. Let WalMart create the national buzz, then you can create the local biz.