homestead - [Homestead] Jeans from WalMart

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Jeans from WalMart
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 08:47:23 -0500

I read somewhere that they got Levi to produce a cheaper version of their
jeans, but I don't generally buy jeans there anyway (and I've always thought that Levis were over-engineered unless you actually were a cowboy or a miner) -- I get my Lee Wranglers at Big R.

I just bought two pair of Rustler brand jeans at WalMart on a friend's recommendation. They are of heavier material than Levi's, almost too heavy. Friend has his wife wash his several times before first wearing them. They appear to be very strongly made. Delighted they don't have those stupid rivets on pocket corners. Friend says they outlast everything else. They cost just under ten dollars.